SfAA Community Network

www.sfaa.net

SfAA General Discussion Forum (34)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Students and Colleagues of Edward H. Spicer

The first anthropology book I bought that I was not required to buy as part of a course, was Edward H. Spicer's, Perspectives in American I…

Started by Barry R. Bainton

0 Mar 23, 2011

HSP as an independent researcher

I have a PhD in Cultural Studies and did ethnographic work as part of my dissertation (completed in 2006).  Recently I have developed an in…

Started by Lane Van Ham

0 Mar 21, 2011

Anthropologists in Afghanistan

I assume that many of you have already read the recent NY Times article describing the use of anthropologists in the counter-insurgency eff…

Started by Ron Loewe

21 Mar 5, 2011
Reply by Sarah Nauman

Looking for applied anthropologist with experience working with state-government agencies

Hello, I would like to get in touch with anybody with experience using anthropology to evaluate a state agency and make recommendations fo…

Started by Julia K

0 Nov 28, 2010

Research Jobs Often Require Quantitative Research Skills

I am anthropologist with a background in educational reform. I am currently on the job market and am looking for jobs in education research…

Started by Bayard Lyons

0 Nov 27, 2010

Agricultural biotechnology in the United States Cornbelt

I'm looking for anyone with an interest in Bt crops in the United States.  Right now, I'm not concerned with the many, many, many controver…

Started by Maria Swora

0 Oct 24, 2010

International Journal of Business Anthropology ISSN 2155-6237

Started by Robert Guang Tian

3 Sep 6, 2010
Reply by Robert Guang Tian

Meat and the myths around food

Package it, slap a label on it and sell it for $4.99 a pound. It's as simple as that when you're selling groceries, right? Hardly. Food, me…

Started by GavinJohnston

0 Jun 10, 2010

Anthropology as a sub-field of sociology

Dr. Tomas Router, Chairperson of World Council of AnthropologicalAssociations (WCAA), send a letter to the secretary general of the Organis…

Started by Josué Villegas

0 May 14, 2010

What constitutes poverty?

We're doing another video challenge this week around poverty. What constitutes poverty? How do people define it? How is it part of the larg…

Started by GavinJohnston

0 Apr 30, 2010

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by SfAAadmin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service